Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Colds, Thaws, and Tango


The weather has warmed up for a couple of days, melting off the roof and into our rain barrels. But our colds aren't improving yet. My little boy is sick too, napping to make up for the lost sleep during the night. But last night he slept much better, making us both very happy. Yesterday I snuggled him into a blanket and he slept so cozily with the kitten while big flakes of snow came down. It was very sweet.

Last night was our first Argentine Tango class and it was so much fun! I always love to dabble in something new and a little obscure, so I wanted to give it a go. Who would have thought that in a little town like Fort St James, you could take a tango class? We were all a bit nervous at first, shuffling around the gym floor like grade 8 kids taking the dreaded dance unit in gym class. But we warmed up fast and by the end of the night we were tango-ing up and down the floor (maybe even a little bit of sideways!). Our teacher is so excited and passionate about tango and her enthusiasm is catching. I have to say I am hooked! I am definitely looking forward to our next lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...