Sunday, January 13, 2013

Greys and Greens

 I got a new camera as a gift the other day, so I've been trying it out! Here I took a picture of a swatch a linen stitch that I knit up yesterday to try out. I just love the way linen stitch looks like woven fabric! I have another knitting pattern in mind that I am going to create just as soon as that order of yarn comes in!
 When it is -26c outside, it is nice to have new life in the house. My calendula sprouts in the kitchen have burst out. I love growing my calendula in the kitchen every year.
 My geranium from last year is still growing. That green has such a therapeutic effect, doesn't it?
 I have some more buds growing, so hopefully I'll have some bright pink flowers to add more splashes of colour.
Spring had got to be my favourite time of year. Even though it is months away at this point, I confess that when I'm woken up in the middle of the night by my baby, I have a hard time getting back to sleep, dreaming about my garden plans. And my chicken coop plans! I wonder how many of my plans will come to fruition?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...