Monday, January 21, 2013

Puttering

It's been a little while since I've posted. I've been puttering about in the warm weather that the pineapple express brought and have almost completed a new project. I've constructed a nesting box for the chicken coop out of scraps and I installed it into the side of the coop. The picture above is the logo that I designed and painted onto the side. I also built a flower box which I attached to the side of the nesting box, to add some colour and visual appeal to the coop. I still have a few more finishing details left, so I won't take a picture until it is all done, but it is looking great so far. I think I am getting better at constructing with wood and using my power tools.
Other than that it has been business as usual. It is cold-ish again (although it is supposed to warm up to plus 2c on Thursday). The snow melted a bit during that heat wave and now everything is icy- no good for skiing. But I really enjoyed that mini Spring while it was here. I milked it for all it was worth. We're getting closer to the end of Winter. I think that March is the beginning of Spring, even though we will still have snow, things start to wake up and snow starts to melt. One short month left to make it through, then I can start thinking about hatching out some chicks and starting seeds inside. Oh Spring, my favourite time of year!
What is your favourite season?

3 comments:

  1. I love spring too, but fall is a close second for my favourite season. Your logo is so pretty! Last year I did hardly any gardening, but I'm looking forward to this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love spring too, but fall is a close second for my favourite season. Your logo is so pretty! Last year I did hardly any gardening, but I'm looking forward to this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I didn't get much gardening done last year either. I am hoping this year will be different!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...